Gastroenterology is a specialized branch of medicine dealing with diseases of the digestive system. It covers all disorders dealing with esophagus, stomach, small and large intestine, colon, liver, pancreas and gall bladder. A Gastroenterologist does not perform surgeries but usually performs day care procedures through endoscopes.
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Upper gastrointestinal Endoscopy.(Endoscopic examination of food pipe, stomach & small intestine)
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic lower gastrointestinal Endoscopy Colonoscopy. (Endoscopic examination of large intestine)
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Endoscopic Ultrasound-(EUS) (for cancer of food pipe, stomach, gall bladder, pancreas & for jaundice & pancreatitis)
- Advance Therapeutic ERCP (Treatment for obstructive jaundice due to stones or cancers of biliary system or pancreas / Treatment of chronic pancreatitis)
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Single balloon Enteroscopy (for disease of small intestine-bleeding tumour)
- Endoscopic Treatment for Obesity-(Intragastric balloon placement)
- G.I. Physiology & Motility studies. (Difficulty in swallowing & acid reflux)
- Consultation in Gastroenterology-For diseases related to gastrointestinal tract (food pipe, stomach large intestine, small intestine, gall bladder, Liver & pancreas)
- IBS-(Lifestyle modified disease for gases in stomach, constipation, diarrhea, lower abdominal pain & blood/mucus in stools).
- IBD-Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Profuse bleeding, Perforation, Strictures and obstruction, Fistula and perianal disease)
The department of Gastroenterology at Sahyadri Hospital and Research Centre is dedicated to providing comprehensive care for prevention, diagnosis and treatment for patients with gastrointestinal disorders.
Our experienced Gastroenterologist along with trained and professional technicians and nursing staff, provide round-the-clock specialist care to patients with digestive disorders. The entire gamut of simple as well complex conditions affecting the oesophagus, stomach, small and large intestine, liver, gall bladder and pancreas are treated utilizing the best technological advances in the field.